Maritiem Museum Rotterdam
3011 EA Rotterdam
22/09/21 08:30 Until 22/09/21 17:00
OFFSHORE ENERGY: FROM FOSSIL TO RENEWABLES
We are pleased to offer you a significant discount on the IRO course Offshore Energy: from fossil to renewables. For just €100 you can dive into the world of offshore energy and explore how the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy can be achieved. The course has been specially developed for non-technical personnel and starters in the energy sector, with an emphasis on the offshore industry. It will be given in a clear and easily understandable language.
Why this course?
We are currently in the middle of the energy transition. Some of our members have their origins in the traditional oil & gas sector while others were established in response to the demand for renewable energy sources. But we are all involved with energy and that’s why IRO has designed this interesting one-day course.
Subjects to be covered include:
- What is oil & gas exactly and how is it found?
- How is oil & gas produced and which technologies are involved?
- The worldwide role of the major oil companies
- The current and future offshore landscape
- The ins & outs of the energy transition
- Rising energy demands and how to meet these with fossil fuels and other sources.
What’s it like to work at sea?
The course will be held in Rotterdam’s Maritime Museum and include a visit to the Offshore Experience exhibition where you will experience how it feels to work at a depth of three kilometers and how offshore employees carry out their activities on the open sea.
Facts & Figures
- Date: Wednesday 23 juni 2021
- Duration: 08.30 – 17.00 (includes lunch and visit to Offshore Experience)
- Location: Rotterdam Maritime Museum
- Language: Dutch
- Participants will receive a certificate
- The course will carefully follow all government Covid-19 guidelines.
The price of the course is normally €495 but Amsterdam IJmuiden Offshore Ports members can join for just €100 (ex VAT) per participant. This includes coffee, tea and lunch.
The course will take place with a minimum of seven participants. The maximum number is 15 so sign up soon.
The registration for this date is closed as the maximum number of participants has been reached. If you are still interested please let Yolanda Los know via [email protected] and we will look into planning a second date.
There will be no costs if the course does not take place due to an insufficient number of registrations or a change in the government’s Covid-19 guidelines. By registering you agree to these cancellation terms.