ABEKO Marine and Broersen strengthen AYOP network
The member database of Amsterdam IJmuiden Offshore Ports was recently further enhanced as ABEKO Marine and Broersen joined the association. From their facilities in Beverwijk and IJmuiden respectively, these family firms are active in maritime and dredging activities, storage, transhipment and transport on a national and international level.
ABEKO has various multifunctional vessels and a range of specialised equipment, employs some 50 people and operates throughout Europe. The company’s activities include:
- Bulk & terminal handling and storage
- The unloading, transhipment and storage of raw materials from vessels in Amsterdam, Velsen-North, IJmuiden and Beverwijk. The company’s 230-metre quay and wide range of equipment can be used to process vessels of varying sizes and with different types of cargo with a draught of up to 10 metres. The quay is ISPS-certified, and the premises beyond provide various storage options for bulk materials and an excellent connection to the hinterland.
- Dredging & marine services
- Supporting dredging and maritime projects in the most challenging environments.
- Consultancy and rental
- Supplying a wide range of materials including diggers, shovels and transport belts.
With over a hundred years of experience, metal trader Broersen has been active in the metal recycling sector since 1910. Where the first generation of the Broersen family collected rags and metals door by door in a pushcart, the company has since developed into a medium-sized business with activities in the Benelux region, Germany, France, Scandinavia and Africa.
Sylvia Boer, AYOP director: “Our member network is currently enjoying significant growth. The fact that ABEKO Marine and Broersen decided to join us based on recommendations from existing members confirms that we are a strong and varied association with a high level of affiliation. We are pleased to welcome these family businesses.”
Both companies have all the required certifications to ensure safe and responsible operations in accordance with ISO 9001, 14001 and VCA.